We are delighted to announce that CAGE GN have been allocated £25,000 of funding from CITB for training in 2017.
To qualify for free / subsidised training your organisation must: –
- Be registered as “in scope” with CITB
- Be a member of CAGE GN (from 1st April 2017 this will mean having paid your annual membership fee for 2017)
- Have submitted your quarterly training return (i.e. to qualify for training in January to March 2017 you must have submitted the quarterly return to December 2016)
- Have paid all prior “employer contributions”
Employers are asked to contribute 50% of the costs when the course, per individual, costs £150 or more and/or if the course lasts more than 1 day.
Should nominated individuals not attend the course or not give sufficient notice of non attendance (normally 7 days), their employer will be charged the full cost of the course.
CITB have set maximum limits that you can receive in any one year: –
- Employer – £2,500
- Employee – £1,000
CAGE GN re-cycles the “employer contributions” and membership fees to provide additional funding for free/subsidised training for members.
Members undertook £35,000 of training in 2016.(made up of the £25,000 grant from CITB and £10,000 of re-cycled member contributions. We anticipate spending circa £40,000 in 2017.
A sum of £10,000 has been allocated for the period from October to December 2017, members who have completed their Quarter 3 2017 training returns are eligible for free/subsidised training.
Courses include those listed below: –
- Abrasive Wheels – half day
- Asbestos Awareness – half day
- CAT & Genny – 1 day
- CPC – 5 days
- CPC refresher – 1 day
- Directors role in Health and Safety – 1 day
- First Aid – 1 day
- First Aid – 3 days
- Forklift novice – 5 days
- Forklift experienced – 3 days
- Forklift refresher – 1 day
- Harness & Lanyard – half day
- IPAF – 1 day
- Manual Handling – half day
- PASMA – 1 day
- SEATS Environmental Awareness – 1 day
- Site Safety Awareness – 1 day
- SMSTS – 5 days
- SMSTS refresher – 2 days
- SSSTS – 2 days
- Working at Heights – half day
Should you have requests for other courses or further information, please contact Howard Platts by phone 07779 962221 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org